The 56th annual Grammy Awards happened yesterday night and if you’re like us and couldn’t stay up for the entire show, worry no more! We’ve got you covered as we put together our Favourite Grammy 2014 Moments for you to enjoy!
Like all big award shows, it had a bit of everything: amazing performances, beautiful gowns, bands reunited, funny moments and some crazy hair dos. But never mind these, allows us to take you through our most-liked, one by one:
1. Beyonce’s Drunk In Love performance featuring that gorgeous husband of hers, Jay Z, has definitely stole the show. That raunchy dance mixed with that revealing outfit and a Queen B that never looked better has everybody talking about it.
2. Another favourite moment of the evening was when dance legends Daft Punk, Pharrell Williamns and Stevie Wonder performed the best song of the year, Get Lucky. They put up an incredible live act and we got to dance one more time on this unstoppable tune. Congratulations, guys, for winning a well deserved Record Of The Year and Pop Duo/ Group Performance Of The Year!
3. The southern hemisphere has gone wild over Lorde, a 19-year old New Zealand, who last night stole the show by winning two of the most coveted awards: Song Of The Year (with Royals) and Best Solo Pop Performance. Watch her in action below:
4. Sir Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Kris Novoselic and Pat Smear won Best Rock Song Of The Year with Cut Me Some Slack, a song from the Dave Grohl’s must-see documentary Sound City: Real to Reel.
5. Jamie Foxx shows off his date, his daughter Corinne Bishop and his Dita Eyewear Mach-One frames.
6. Another memorable Grammy moment was Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons wild performance.
7. One of the most tweeted things last night, besides Yonce’s behind that is, was most definitely Pharrell’s hat. That one piece of accessory caught such a stir in the meme world, that it even has a Twitter account now! What can we say, if anyone could’ve pulled that off, it was definitely Pharrell. And by the way, can you believe this good looker is 40 years old already? Wow!
Now you! What was your favourite Grammy 2014 moment? What did we miss?